Monday 30 July 2012

From start to finish

Getting a book properly edited


I wrote my poetry book,'Firedance,' using a proper human editor and cover designer. This book wentthrough many different stages in design.

It was such a rewarding experience. Firstly, I was no longer alone, and had the confidence that my mistakes would be picked up. Most of us do not realise that when we write our brain registers what we 'think' we have written and not what is actually on the page and so errors will always abound when we try to self-edit.

I got a cover designed


I enjoyed choosing a cover that matched the theme, Amy, my designer found the pictures and designed the cover. Her superior ability to use software I do not have anyway means that she made a really professional design. You can see the results by clicking on the link.

 http://www.lulu.com/shop/jacky-hughes/firedance/paperback/product-20299851.html;jsessionid=2CA1A3845424247AACC876CADEBCED69#productDetails


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear from you. Please do add a comment to this page.